Saturday, November 5, 2011

Picasa & Teaching FACS

This technology would be handy and fun to use in FACS education. I feel like I could use it to be a more effective teacher and that the students could use it to enhance their learning and demonstrate understanding. I have already mentioned using Picasa collages as posters for the students to use. I could also use it to make step by step reminders of cooking or sewing processes. If I have a poor quality picture this program can enhance and clarify it to a great degree.

The before and after pictures could be used by student to show me they cleaned and rearranged their bedrooms or closets or before and after they added principles and elements of fashion to their wardrobe. Thus they would satisfy the objective to understand and apply basic principles and elements of design.

Specifically, objective two for FACS education states: Discuss the basic elements and principles of design. 
a: Describe the effect of color on shape, size, feelings, and moods

Students could easily manipulate the color and shape of photos in Picasa. I would have them take one picture of an interior or face and adjust its exposure, contrast, and color. Then write about how it changed the mood and feeling of the the picture.


Overall, I am excited to keep exploring and figuring out ways I can use Picasa in my classroom and instruction.



1 comment: