Saturday, December 10, 2011

Talking It Up

After researching about internet safety I had to share some of the knowledge. I called my aunt who works with the young women in her ward and has a teenage son at home. I was surprised at how much she wanted to know. I wished that I had done some more research. She brought up the concern we talked about in class; wide spread, easy access, portable computers, not being able to only have them in public places. I told her about checking browser histories and deleting them on a regular basis and gave her a website. She was also interested in finding out about the one-time-use credit card. If you have any information on that, let me know. Overall, it was a good experience and sharpened our awareness of what is going on out there on the web.

1 comment:

  1. Kara, my understanding is that credit card companies such as Discover and CitiBank may have one-time-use credit card options. It depends on the company. I happen to know that Paypal does this for you, too, just by the nature of how paypal works.

    ReplyDelete